Tickets go on sale June 5 at the FlynnTix Box Office, Gardener’s Supply in Burlington and Williston, Lang Farm Nursery in Essex Junction, and Shelburne Supermarket. Tickets are $40 pp and include afternoon tea.
11 PRIVATE GARDENS • 2 OPEN HOUSES • 1 ARTIST’S STUDIO • 1 GARDEN-SIDE TEA
Join us for the one-day-only, self-guided stroll of gardens in Vermont’s ‘Queen City’ – from its Hill Section renowned for ‘red-rock’ granite cliffs and stunning views of Lake Champlain to its trendy South End near the bay.
Then relax at an afternoon tea at the Intervale Center, catered by Skinny Pancake’s Have Your Cake Catering. Here, bid on exquisite floral designs in Simon Pearce vases, and win raffle prizes worth hundreds of dollars.
What You'll See:
- Plant collectors’ gardens with uncommon conifers, shrubs and specimen plants lovingly cared for
- World-traveler’s garden with a twist: this DIY woman hauls rock, cuts trees and even built her own waterfall
- Winner of one of Vermont’s top professional landscape design awards in 2017
- The ‘perfect maintenance-free retirement home’ with a five-star energy rating, easy-does-it layout and unexpected time- and step-saving features
- Internationally known environmental artist opens her studio to illustrate the garden revolution she’s waging in her own back yard
- Even though they’ve only lived there six years, a life-long collector and artist pack their classic, three-story, home and small gardens with mementos
- Garden Lovers’ Raffle Tickets & Boxed Lunches for sale during the tour
- Satisfaction of supporting the Flynn Center’s Education Programs!
Tour is 9 am to 3 pm. Tea is 3 to 4 pm at the Intervale Center in Burlington.